Flu season 2010-11

The last flu vaccination I had was way back in 1968, which made me feel awful for a few days. Then a few months later, I got the flu anyway, one of the worst cases I've had. That's when I decided that I would never get another flu shot again. Dh refuses to get a flu vaccine either. IMO, vaccines depress the immune system while lining the pockets of pharmaceutical companies.

What I do whenever I feel the first symptoms of the flu is take Oscillococcinum and Sambucol. These products have definitely worked for dh and I.

Don't forget to cut back on sugar--that's one of the first things you can do to strengthen your immune system naturally.

I'm catching up on the posts and a few comments about getting sick after the flu shot got me to thinking.
The vaccine is to give you the virus in a small amount to help you become immune to the worst of it.
The flu is not the same every year like alot of people believe. It is just a virus that mutates into something different every year.

The bird flu was the biggest concern for the CDC because they could not make a vaccine for it. Fertile eggs are used in making these vaccines and the bird flu was killing the embryo in the eggs. Luckily it never mutated to do the jump from one species to another, it stayed mainly with the birds.

Now personally speaking I had too many concerns about the H1N1 vaccine. Even as an EMT I did not get it. I even got sent notices about coming in and getting it. I still didn't go.
now with both of my kids in school we did get sick last year, but whether it was the H1N1 we do not know. We stayed home, ate chicken soup, lots of liquids and plenty of rest.

Back
Top Bottom