flukers battery how long does it last? need to know asap

crysmom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 24, 2007
OKay I have 18 silkie eggs in my incubator i'm on day 10 I candled them this morning and they are all moving with great veining. but all day my temperature has been 4 degrees too low I don't know what happened I figure its one of two things 1. one of my kids messed with the temperature setting on the incubator, unlikely but possible.
or 2. the batteries are dying in my flukers thermometer and the temp isn't reading right anymore.

So how long should I expect the batteries to last? I used this thermometer for 1 hatch already so this would be 10 days into the second hatch so I guess its been running about 30 days. Should the battery last that long?
I just don't know if I should turn the heat up till the thermometer reads 99.5 or leave it cool and get a new thermometer tomorrow (either way i'll probably go get a second thermometer)

help!

I accidentally left my flukers battery on after my hatch in July and it still read accurate two weeks ago when I discovered I left it on. I think the battery is good for a while. When I use my incubator I use at least two thermometers in case one malfunctions, it would be best if you got another one.

Quote:
thanks, Okay i'll adjust the temp to match the flukers

I have three thermometers but they all read different
sad.png
so with my last hatch I used the flukers and had a great hatch, so I was winging it on the one thermometer this time since it was accurate enough for the last hatch

i'm just going to go buy another flukers

All of these are under 2 months old. The batteries are going
in one already. My opinion of Flukers is pretty low.

PB210048.jpg

If you don't have a water wiggler take two dixie cups of water, put them in
different areas of the bator, wait a few hours, then use an oral thermometer
to check the water temp. DON'T TRUST THE FLUKERS.

The coralife on the left is a probe type thermometer. It shows 4 degrees
lower because the probe isn't in water or a wiggler.

Mine have been reading wierd too. I got a meat thermometer and put that in the water wiggler and it reads the correct temp. I have a Brinsea and it has the temp on the top. Flukers have been working great then all of the sudden *bam* two degrees to low. Frustrating! The Brinsea stayed at the 37.6 C reading. If I were you buy a spot check there like ten dollors more with shipping and are suppose to be really accurite. You can get them at many places, I bought mine at www.brinsea.com

Back
Top Bottom