Fly Control, anyone find something that works, and is chicken safe?

Well you all have got me sold on the bag trap.We should buy stock in some of these companies. I tried the vanilla trees, they did not seem to work, but the coop sure does smell good. I worry it is not good for the chickens though.

Thanks everyone for the great advice!
old.gif

Last edited:
I make my own fly spray which works great to spray on my horse. I was wondering if I can spray it on my chickens? It's citronella oil, vinegar and water. What are your thoughts?

Thank you for the help. I am sure some of these can work for me. I use DE in the coop(great for drying out poop, keeping flies away, and dust baths for mites&lice, but when the mister is on, it does not work. Will the DE be harmful to the Fly Predators?
What is DE?

It's been raining cats and dogs in my area, I do all I can to limit the flies, I will try the Vanilla freshners, I also have several mint plants, which helps with the mosquitos.

Ok, I've been selling eggs since March of this year, today a lady told me that 6 of her eggs had blood in it, my husband and I eat eggs everyday and never had blood in our eggs, so my husband gave her money back, what do you think, no one else complained. Please help I am very new to this backyard chickens and egg selling

Talstar is a miracle organic pesticide. Safe for humans and pets alike once dry.

Anyone ever try it or have conflicting information that would state not to use it in the run or coop if you could allow it to dry before girls go into said sprayed area??

Golden Malrin ... I have horses and this stuff really works! It is toxic, so has to be used in bait stations so chickens or other animals can't get to it. It's expensive, but worth it ...

Back
Top Bottom