Flying Age?

Oh yea i guess i should add i have 1 fawn/whit runner, 1 mystery (duck/duckling thats another question i have when do they become "ducks"?) and 1 cayuga.

tongue.png
I knew there were people out there following my birds! lol and the mixed? one i have been talking to a over of some buff runners and she said that my mixed look just like hers did at that age i think ideal mixed up the order and gave me a buff runner

my Cayuga try to fly!

they are pretty heavy but they manage to get up on a shelf that is two feet up in the coop...I am now finding DUCK EGGS among the chicken eggs, LOL

they shouldnt beable to, mine cant get higher that 2 inches off the ground. So yours shouldnt go to far. hah.

Not sure about the runners/Cayugas but my rouen duck and drake manage to fly over a 4 foot fence - but only on rainy windy days (the wind usually has to be coming from the East!) I think that's the only way they get the momentum to get over the fence.
hu.gif
Of course, it might just be a plot for me to have to go running out in the wind and rain to get them back in and treats are normally used to coax them back
lau.gif

"Domestic ducks can fly as good as bricks" is the best way to put it. My swedish can get about 1 1/2 to 2 feet off of the ground for about 5 to 8 feet. And that is at an all out running start.
gig.gif
Then there landing is priceless, it looks like a helocopter crash.

Yours are going to be about the same.

Back
Top Bottom