Flying/jumping at each other?

Jencleg

Songster
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Jasper
Every day I let my chicks out of the brooder into their run for a little while and they go CrAzY! They get along fine in the brooder, snuggling & loving on each other but as soon as they get some space they start running around chasing everbody and jumping thru the air at each other. What are they doing? It's kinda fun to watch but then I get a little uncomfortable like I should stop them! Is is just horseplay or determining the pecking order?

Entirely normal.
wink.png

Quote:
LOL! I dont know! They are silkies & I can only tell that my two reds are roos but the other 4 are still questionable! I have 1 white that tries to be big and act crazy too, but it is so much smaller than the rest that it just looks silly
lau.gif
I really hope to be able to tell what I have soon...I have asked a few times about colors/gender traits but no such luck on getting answers
hmm.png

mine are all between 7-5 weeks old and they still do this we have 10 light brahma 4 Buff orps, 4 gold stars, 6 white leghorn there oldest by about a week, 2 SLW. the White leghorn seem to be the Queen now but will that stay like that with all the others being bigger at full grown???

My chicks are 6 weeks. Doing the same thing. Its nice to know there are other chicken people here that we can share our stories while our chicks are the same age. Im not able to feed meal worms out of my hand any more. Chicks pull my skin up on my hand! LOL Other treats? No problem. Out of my three, the Barred Rock is starting to challenge my hand. She started pecking me so I pinch her back. Yesterday I pinched her back every time (total of 3 pecks) and today she's been a good girl. :) well see again later.. just to show her who's boss. Its awesome how they fly up to sit on me. One on each shoulder and 1 on my head. I was so scared she was gonna crap!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom