FLYSTRIKE!! I need info *GRAPHIC PHOTO

We're all pulling for you and your boy! You got this!
THANK YOU!! I needed some encouragement and advice lol hes still acting pretty decent tho. I can tell hes bothered by the maggots today but hes got some fight in him so I'll keep doing what I'm doing. He ate an entire hard boiled egg earlier and drank his water with nutridrench in it so I'm hopeful. This wont be the first time I've had to nurse him back to health! I'm hoping it will be the last tho! Hes been with us for too long to go like this. I wont give up until I know he cant be saved and right now I think we can do this.

If you flush with saline or peroxide, both will dry out and debride the damaged tissue - and also the soft-bodied maggots. That's why it kills them, just perhaps not instantly. Flush them well and their whole body takes damages, while your chicken's wounds get cleaned in such a way that his much bigger body encourages healing.

Okay so this is after our first day of treatment..what do yall think? Theres definitely still some maggots which didnt end up seeing until I zoomed into the picture. Definitely alot less than this morning tho. But the skin has hardened up and I wasnt able to pull it to the side to see into that pocket..will flush first thing in the morning and repeat with the fly spray

Attachments

• 20200527_210030.jpg
    20200527_210030.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 38
Okay so this is after our first day of treatment..what do yall think? Theres definitely still some maggots which didnt end up seeing until I zoomed into the picture. Definitely alot less than this morning tho. But the skin has hardened up and I wasnt able to pull it to the side to see into that pocket..will flush first thing in the morning and repeat with the fly spray
Looking much better!

Looking much better!
I thought so too! I'm hoping for the best. He seems totally fine otherwise. He ate 2 hard boiled eggs today and when I take him outside to spray him with the fly spray he tries to get out of my hands and run away lol I'm gonna flush him again first thing in the morning. Would it be possible that these maggots went in even deeper after I sprayed them? I'm not sure what to expect. I would be horrified if he healed with them inside him still and they ate him from the inside out..ahh late night thinking 😖

Back
Top Bottom