FOGHORN LEGHORN~ "Lookit here son, I say, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? ....

hehee! Where did you find your mouse traps?

A local feed store. They work great. Catch them alive, because when one is stuck in there, the others hear them and go right in.

That's peanut butter in there. The first night I set it out, I caught 5 little stinks.

A local feed store. They work great. Catch them alive, because when one is stuck in there, the others hear them and go right in.

That's peanut butter in there. The first night I set it out, I caught 5 little stinks.
thumbsup.gif

Why was the run not covered? I know all too well the hawk risk, they are all around here, see them (and chase em' off...had one come right at ME last year!) Wrist rockets, they don't hurt them but send a pretty strong message they are not welcome and the area is probably not a good place for them. My run/coop area will be very well wired. That video is so sad. Great info. I also have three rottweilers who are pretty strong deterrents, as well!

Was expecting to see you post a pic of a havahart traps, but not this! I need to get some of those. I've used the plastic models from Home Depot and Lowe's and the mice are little escape artists. Going to see if I can find on Amazon. My cats are not particularly effective, except for the one time they left me a dead mouse in a pair of my high heels. They are too busy chewing through earbud cords and knocking stuff off the countertops to hunt....

How do you dispatch then empty the trap? ( I thought I asked this before, but can't find it now....sorry if this is a repeat question)

How do you dispatch then empty the trap? ( I thought I asked this before, but can't find it now....sorry if this is a repeat question)

All we do is put them in front of the car or trucks exhaust, they go like..right now! Then we put them in a plastic baggie, zip lock it so it won't stink up the garbage, and off they go on Monday with the garbage man.
big_smile.png

Cynthia, what's the name/brand of this trap?

I have a large one..the one pictured, and all I can see on the top is, victorVtin cat. Not sure if that will help. Also, I have one half that size. There is a
JT Eaton, then on the window it says.. Little Pete.. hope this helps. We have a few different stores in town that carry them. Feed stores.

Found this:
http://www.victorpest.com/store/mouse-control/m310

And this. This is the other size I have. This is Amazon, but they have their own sites too. A lot to choose from on their sites.
http://www.amazon.com/Eaton-428CL-Little-Multi-Catch-Mouse/dp/B005FMKDXW

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom