Follow me to a trip to China

Pics
View attachment 3532939
The Motorola was the average phone size. The Galaxy there is the closest thing I have to the size of the original Note. The one there is a Note5. The tablet is a Amazon Fire HD 7 5th gen.
I bet this will get me kicked off the thread.
Gonna have to make you pay tax for taking over lightm’s thread kiddos!

Oh I just found the thread. @lightm I am so glad you are able to see your parents and are taking us along for the ride.
I have visited China a number of times in the past - different areas but the closest I got to your home town was Shanghai which I guess is a fair bit away.
Looking forward to hearing more about the trip.

This is a chicken post.

My husband, who is taking care of all the chooks, told me that Light, his favorite chicken ever, just tidbitted to him!!

He said she found a bug, really did the tidbit thing, looking at him. He told light that she can have it. Then she happily ate it.

This is her first time doing that.
View attachment 3532964
Awwww! She thinks of him as her flock 💕

I haven't been able to connect to VPN until now.

Yesterday I went to see my uncle, who is like my other father. We are very close as my parents lived with my uncle and aunt until i was 4th grade. We also really like each other.

At the bus stop. I like that it tells me how far away each bus is.
View attachment 3534525

On the bus. Apparently you are still required to wear a mask but most people don't do it.
View attachment 3534526
Wow those bus station and bus are spotless!

Went to my breakfast place. Happy to see the owners again. They are a couple.View attachment 3533078

Literally street food.
View attachment 3533081
View attachment 3533080

I had pork dumplings (left, wrapped in a soup dumpling fashion), and wonton soup with seaweed.

Vinegar for dipping. It was delicious!!! Really hit the spot.

Random picture of cars parked on the street. The neighborhood was not built for cars.
View attachment 3533076
Bao zi is good, but I like Jiao zi better....(with proper sauce).

Yes it is propane tank. On the propane tank it says propane 😂 . Below I think it says the company name.

The big sign on the right says that they are selling Yangberries. There is a picture of the berries there. The fresh ones are very regional and not grown in other parts of China.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrica_rubra
Those look much like lichi fruits. Are they related? (Dunno the characters)

Back
Top Bottom