Food dehydrator incubator?

bheila

Songster
11 Years
Feb 8, 2008
Kent, Wa
So has anyone done this before? I talked to a lady I sold chicks to a while ago and she said that she has hatched chicks in her dehydrator before. I never got into the specifics of it though. But now I've found a food dehydrator at my grandma's house the size of a big microwave and it could probably hold 150 eggs. So now I'm really excited and I would like to try it. The one question I have is how do you keep the humidity up in a dehydrator? If anyone has any pictures of there's if would be very helpful also.

The humidity would be my question too, which is why I don't think a dehydrator would work very well. Since it is made to remove moisture, it would likely be very damaging to a developing egg.

Jody

I would think it would have some sort of vents on it, to let the moisture out. I would run it for a few days and see how it does. If it does have vents, those would need to be closed up.

If it is anything like my dehydrator you could lower the fan that draws air out the top so it circulates the air inside, and close off the bottom inlet wholes. This way everything stays inside, you could put a pan with water in it to bring up the humidity.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom