food that men like?

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
i cook everything from scratch..i bake my own bread...all of that. my husband likes my cooking but he doesnt really seem to care what i cook. i want to make something different that he will REALLY like. any ideas?
he likes chicken fried steak, roast, fried chicken, etc...but i want to make something different i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get him out for dinner a few times and see what he orders. Then make the home-made version. If his mom's around, or he has siblings, see if they might be able to tell you some favorites.

A lot of men don't care what you fix, (or say they don't) if you're a good cook, they just figure whatever you make will be good. My son has always been well known for eating anything that holds still or moves slowly. My husbands not too picky, he's happy with almost anything I cook.

ive tried that..if i ask him what he wants for dinner he says "i dont care, anything sounds good"
he.gif
he.gif

For lunch today I cooked one of my Dhs favorites. I broiled a steak. and for the side I batter fried :
Yellow squash
Zucchini squash
Eggplant ( long thin type )
Green Tomatoes
Bell pepper rings
Onion rings
You can do button mushrooms if you have them

Batter Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons ( melted ) butter
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste

Mix batter, coat vegetables and deep fry at 360 degrees.
Drain on paper towels lightly salt
serve with ranch dressing or honey mustard dipping sauce.

This was also my childrens favorite meal while they were growing up.

Enjoy,
Micah

My DH likes egg rolls. We have them on special occasions. I buy the egg roll wrappers and fill with a mixture of HOT brown rice (short grain) mixed into a bowl of shredded cabbage, carrots, tiny pieces of smoked tofu, some sesame oil, some salt and pepper, sometimes shredded chicken or whatever is left over (into his special ones... I'm veg.) then I cover that bowl until the cabbage is soft, then wrap, wet and roll.. then fry in oil. We enjoy leftovers re-heated for days afterwards.

all of that sounds GOOD!
i also forgot..there is one thing i make, that he will eat all of, not share with anyone and repeatedly ask for every single night.

cucumbers and tomatoes in a vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper dressing.
roll.png
lol.png

you know, that might be what the deal is...he used to be a sous chef at various nice restaurants..maybe he secretly doesnt like my cooking?

hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom