Foods You HATED As A Kid, But Like Now

I could not eat a hamburger with ANYTHING on it, it had to be plain......just a patty & a bun, ....NOW, they have to be Full dressed (that's what we call them in the south) all those years i missed out
th.gif

OHH, & ranch dressing! what was i thinking????????

Last edited:
Crab meat. Blue crabs were abundent here in Florida as well as other crabs. I could never eat them, they tasted awful.

Then one day driving by a seafood place, a year after son was born, I was like OMG those crabs smell great. Yep, Honey and I set out for a seafood dinner and I ate a pound of them there crabs, eat them as often as i can afford them now.

Well I hated Limas as a kid and now... I can choke them down... with a lot of water... they're just so DRY!

Err... beef liver Mom served... I've noticed that an over cooked steak tastes just like it hence ordering mine Medium Rare.

Chicken livers... didn't LOVE them as a kid, just okay-ish... but now I like those quite a bit now and then.
smile.png

Asparagus...but I discovered as an adult that fresh asparagus is absolutely NOTHING like that that comes out of a can. Canned asparagus? YEEECH!!!!!!! Fresh asparagus, either raw or cooked, YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing with peas, although at least they aren't quite as mushy and slimy as asparagus. Canned peas, YEECH! Fresh or frozen peas: YUM!!!

I always liked guacamole, but did not like pieces of avocado in salad
idunno.gif

There are also things I liked as a child that I will not touch now: anything with peanuts, chocolate chip cookies, super sugary candy

I used to hate mustard now I put it in or an practicaly everything.

beets - spinach - broccoli and cauliflower I aso had to grow into

Now that you mention it Addict I've noticed that DS has suddenly started liking mustard... before he couldn't stand it... but now at 12 he's okay with it, prefers it on his sandwich... where as before he'd rather have DRY than that icky stuff? Meanwhile DD, currently 8, has always preferred mustard. She loves tuna salad, DS now can't stand it... but loves any other kind of fish, including sushi... who knew?

Been lucky in the veggie department... they don't care for Brussels or Greens (collard, mustard or turnip) but they'll eat them... but they both LOVE broccoli, spinach and asparagus... so I'm not complaining.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom