Foods You HATED As A Kid, But Like Now

I was a horrid child to have to feed. I hated everything that wasn't pasta with white sauce.

Now I love green beans, broccoli, salads of all kinds, grape tomatoes, mushrooms - EVERYTHING! I was a very picky eater and now I will try anything once, and twice if I liked it. Escargot is one that most won't try and I am SOOO glad I did!

I used to love dairy until the age of 6. I haven't touched a single thing with lactose in it since
wink.png

Liver and Onions... When I was growing up my dad loved it so mom made about every other week, it made me gag when I smelled it. Now days I crave it every couple months but I am the only one in the house that will eat it.

Last edited:
Lima beans were the worst thing imaginable. I don't know why I tried them as an adult I had such bad memories of them but they've morphed into being pretty good.
I had a young man working with me for a couple of years and he would not eat any vegetable except for maybe a slice of tomato occasionally, say on his burger. He was average weight. When he had his yearly physical the doctor told him he was malnourished! He was sooo embarassed.

Except for liver, I have decided that cooked well, I like everything. I hated yellow squash, but my mother boiled EVERYTHING. She hated cooking and it showed.
sad.png

Asparagus, fried eggs, chicken livers, and oysters are what I remember disliking as a child. They are now favorites.

Now I eat most anything that I can run down, except for a couple of allergies, and if it is prepared properly. I can choke down something like greasy overcooked cabbage or canned turnip greens, for example, but I love them when they are fresh and cooked to my taste.

Liver and onions and Brussels sprouts. I still hate olives in any form.
sickbyc.gif
Anything else edible is fair game.

Back
Top Bottom