For anyone who has ordered from metzer farms...(question)

Woohoo!!! I am soo going to get two different ducks then!
ya.gif
woot.gif

Quote:
what breeds?

I am thinking a blue swede and unsure of the other breed...possibly a pekin just because theyre supposed to be such 'great' pets.

We ordered all our ducks and geese them Metzer and had no problems at all! Perfect healthy little ducklings and goslings (all grown up now!).

This is the set up we had, and inside is the actual box they (10 Blue Swedish ducklings) arrived in...they used it for sleeping.

These are our American Buff geese Flapjack and Pancake...and the box they arrived in from Metzer.

:) They were shipped separately because the geese were not available as soon as the ducklings were.

If I was to order two male ducklings, could I order two different breeds of duck? Like for example one pekin and one runner?

Yes, but I would make sure you specify when you order that you ONLY WANT 2! When I placed a small order (two female ducklings--1 Welsh & 1 Blk Swedish) I got two extra males as "packing." Some people might not care, but I really only wanted 2 females for my drake who lost his mate. I ended up having to give a male/female pair to a friend and I was left with a pair of ducklings and my drake was still lonely...

I really like Metzer's though.

When was this?
I ordered 3 females in Aug 2010 and received just 3 ducks. They are one of the few hatcheries that let you do an order between 2-9 because they know you don't want a bunch of extras arriving to your doorstep.
Yes, but I would make sure you specify when you order that you ONLY WANT 2! When I placed a small order (two female ducklings--1 Welsh & 1 Blk Swedish) I got two extra males as "packing." Some people might not care, but I really only wanted 2 females for my drake who lost his mate.

Back
Top Bottom