The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

These are inside the hen house. We took our shed and removed a panel and built a ramp for them to in and out of

yuckyuck.gif
We were just lucky the shed was already there when we started. We rent, so we had to do something that didn't permanently alter the shed. It worked! Ruby just moved to my neck of the woods and is looking for advice on how to build her coop. We do have extreme heat in the summer, 70-90 mile per hour winds quite often, and get it gets below freezing in the winter. We both deal with the same stuff so she contacted me. I am hoping other have some advice for her too.
fl.gif

:cdHi!Thank you, I rent too. We have a shed the size of a one car garage that would be perfect. I hadn't thought of it. Great pictures .Thank you again.

You're welcome. When I get some good ones of the coop outside the hen house I will post those too. Our chicken don't free range because of the coyotes, foxes, mountain lions, rattlers, squirrels, cats, etc. As you know, the desert houses all kinds of predators. Oh, one more thing, get a dog!!!! Not one thing except ravens have tries to get even near the coop.

smile.png
I'm getting a German Shepard mix tommorrow from my little sister who lives in Hesperia. We haven't seen any coyotes, but my place is fenced well and the neighborhood has a lot of dogs. I really appreciate your help.

I just posted on the other thread too. You will be very thankful with a dog especially getting the dog before you get the chickens. By then the dog will know you and listen to you and German are fabulous dog. Can I ask, why did you choose Daggett? Only people around here have ever even heard of it. Huell Howser has a house there....

Back
Top Bottom