For Sale - NC - 6 Silver Dorking hatching eggs RARE

NCIndiaBlue

Songster
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
NC
I have 6 Silver Dorking eggs for sale. $19.00 includes shipping.

Eggs will ship week of 8/10/09 - PayPal only please

IMG00156-1.jpg

DorkingRooster.jpg

I just never realized what big combs and wattles a dorking hen had. Very interesting. Both of them are very nice looking birds. The roo has such a big, nice body. Where did you get them from?

Quote:
Thank you - they are one of my favorite breeds.

I got them as one-day old chicks from a breeder earlier this year. At the time, I had never heard of a Dorking, but I'm so very glad I got them. They are truly unique chickens and from everything I've read about them, they are very rare too. I have some eggs from them in the incubator now, I'm hoping for a great hatch.

Quote:
SOLD! May I ask where in NC you are located? I am near the coast. Could I come pick them up instead of shipping them so I may have a better success rate. That is if you are close enough. I may like more then 6 if you have them. But I will take the 6 for sure. Is it okay to ship in this NC heat? Thanks!

Quote:
SOLD! May I ask where in NC you are located? I am near the coast. Could I come pick them up instead of shipping them so I may have a better success rate. That is if you are close enough. I may like more then 6 if you have them. But I will take the 6 for sure. Is it okay to ship in this NC heat? Thanks!

I live near Winston Salem, NC - it would be a 5 hour drive from the coastal area (I'm jealous, I want to live at the beach!)

I will be happy to sell you 12 eggs, it would probably be at least the middle of next week before I could ship them, if that would be ok with you. I think they will be ok in the heat, I'll be happy to include an ice pack for you if you like. I ship Priority Mail, so since you live in NC, you should get them next day.

For 12 eggs, $30.00 including shipping

My PayPal is: [email protected]

Quote:

I live near Winston Salem, NC - it would be a 5 hour drive from the coastal area (I'm jealous, I want to live at the beach!)

I will be happy to sell you 12 eggs, it would probably be at least the middle of next week before I could ship them, if that would be ok with you. I think they will be ok in the heat, I'll be happy to include an ice pack for you if you like. I ship Priority Mail, so since you live in NC, you should get them next day.

Hi

Can you tell me how you pack them and is it okay to put an ice pack in with them? Will that hurt their hatchability? The price is good. Just need packing and ice pack info. Thanks

Quote:

Hi

Can you tell me how you pack them and is it okay to put an ice pack in with them? Will that hurt their hatchability? The price is good. Just need packing and ice pack info. Thanks

Sure, that is a great question - more people should ask about how eggs are packaged!

This is how I package my eggs: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=17-wrapping-packing-eggs

This
is the way DipsyDoodleDoo ships hers - I think it's an excellent way to ship - I have recently started shipping all of my eggs like this and have had perfect results.

Regarding the ice pack, I don't know if it would hurt hatch-ability, I would place the ice pack in the box, not actually touching the eggs. I have shipped all over the country and have never had to use an ice pack, but if it's something you/my customer wants, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Back
Top Bottom