For those of wanting to know about TSC getting chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by scgamecock, Mar 6, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I talked to my local store today and they get theirs from Ideal and they will be getting chicks on Tuesday until chick days are over.So all of you that have a store getting them from Ideal I would be there on Tuesday to get the best pick.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I'm in VA and the Tractor Supply near me said they won't get theirs in for about another 2 - 3 weeks!! They said they're suppose to get 150 chicks, ducks and rabbits. Can't wait to see the chicks! [​IMG] Guess the 2 - 3 week wait just gives me time to get a set up for them because I'm pretty sure that I will not be able to resist not coming home with at least 2![​IMG]

3. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    my local feed store get's chicks from privett. should be getting them in the next week or so. i hate it because hard for me to pass on buying a couple when i go get feed.

4. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    My feed store gets them from Ideal also and I found out they are getting chicks next Tuesday also. [​IMG]

5. seafood

seafood Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Both local TSC stores are not getting their chicks until 2nd week in April! Seems to me TSC is not thinking clearly this year. Would be advantageous to get them in around easter. Everyone is asking for them now.

Both local agways will be getting chicks in about 10 days. One from MM and the other from Privitt.

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    If getting from tractor supply call they are all on thier own schedule, some will have next week ours wont have till last week of march, so yours could be anywhere in between. If it is a distance call first dont go just because you see on here that TSC has chicks. [​IMG]

7. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I would suggest checking with your local store to find out when they start getting them.My point was if your store was getting them from Ideal then they get them on Tuesday's.Geez people.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  8. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Just called my store and they are getting chicks and rabbits in MAY!

9. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    My Tsc just said they are getting chicks in next week!! Ducks too!! Woohoo!! This is fabulous news after a 2yr break from having Live chicks sold there!! They get theirs from Mc Murray![​IMG]

10. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Our TSC and all the other local stores that have chicks around here, all get them from a small in state (MI) hatchery called Townline. They are fine for layers and meat birds, but not if you want anything to show, even 4-H, or anything out of the ordinary. They have a very small selection and their bantams, though purebred, come mixed. You can not choose certain breeds.

Maybe I can talk to one of them and convince them to try another hatchery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by