For those of you who's middle name is not Grace like me!

DianaMallory

Songster
8 Years
Jul 20, 2012
Lancaster Ohio
I didn't see any place to really put this on the forum so I came here. I am the biggest klutz! My hubby keeps telling me 2 things you should never do in life work in a glass factory or around eggs!
Well this is what I taught myself to keep from breaking anymore eggs while washing them. Place the egg in the palm of your hand and wash one side at a time. Never hold the egg in your fingers! They get real slippery!
And when gathering your eggs this winter put gloves on! When my hands get cold they don't work right! MAke sure you have a firm grip on the egg before lifting out of nest! Because if you don't you might bump your elbow when placing it in the basket and break more than one egg! Good thing my girls like scrambled eggs~! Just thought I would share!
idunno.gif

Maybe you could give some lessons to one of my hens!
lol.png
She like to ROOST and lay her egg!
th.gif
She has only laid 2 eggs so far both she was on the roost and laid and the egg dropped a foot and broke all over the floor! Why can't she just follow the others and put her egg in the egg box! Here's hoping she gets a clue!

Maybe you could give some lessons to one of my hens!
lol.png
She like to ROOST and lay her egg!
th.gif
She has only laid 2 eggs so far both she was on the roost and laid and the egg dropped a foot and broke all over the floor! Why can't she just follow the others and put her egg in the egg box! Here's hoping she gets a clue!
I have one that does that! Either from the roost or just lays it on the floor! I have sand in my coop so most of the time they don't break! This morning she managed to land it right in a fresh pile of poo!
rant.gif
It is so frustrating! I wish I could single her out. I would lock her in a nesting box until she laid! If you know which hen is doing it you can lock them in the nesting box. I don't like mine sleeping in there but if it makes her lay in the box instead of the roost I would do it!

this sort of thing has happened twice to me, but they almost never do so im supprised when it happens. they never break either, but they are covered in poop by the time morning comes around. it must happen in the very early morning....

Just wait til winter comes and you get a pocket scramble. You know - you put the eggs in your coat pocket, and forget about it until you bend down and hear CRUNCH.

Just wait til winter comes and you get a pocket scramble. You know - you put the eggs in your coat pocket, and forget about it until you bend down and hear CRUNCH.
I call that a pocket omlette! It's the darndest thing to try to clean out, too. Makes the dogs follow me around trying to stick their noses in my pocket.

Talking about where you shouldn't work, when I worked in a hospital and someone would drop something we'd say "Good thing you're not working in the nursery!"

OH, I so hate when I do that! It's the worst to try to clean out. You'd think I'd learn, but I keep putting eggs in my pockets.

I have not experienced a pocket scamble or omelette ...yet. But I am sure I will at some point! What a mess!

Back
Top Bottom