For Those Who Do Not Yet Know...

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Confectioners sugar = powdered sugar.

This simple conversion helps SOOO much when you are trying to make your dad a home-made cake for Father's Day. I did not realize the difference in sugars...and used cane sugar for it instead.

(It makes a SHEET of sugary nastiness that you have to scrape off if you use the pure cane sugar. So...just don't do it!)

lau.gif

Good to know! It was probably still yummy.

Live and learn.

I've made brownies with out flour Accidental.
A cake without sugar ...lol Again Accidentally.
Doubled some ingredients and not others .. VERY DRY COOKIES!

Awww, you get an A for effort though!

Once for my Dad's birthday, our babysitter was helping my sister and I make a cake for him. She asked us what our Dad's favorite flavor was and we were both convinced he loved coconut. We made a coconut cake with white icing and covered the whole thing in coconut. Turns out that not only does my Dad not like coconut, he loaths it. Oops!

Mrs. Glassman :

lau.gif

Good to know! It was probably still yummy.

That's the sad part...you'd think all the sugar would be AWESOME.

No...not on ANY level! It was all "grainy" and gross...tasted like eating ridiculously sweet sandpaper....

thanks for the "A"! I gave myself an "E" for "Epic Failure!"
big_smile.png

My mom also writes it down as 10x sugar, so watch for that, too
wink.png

Once my mom wanted to do something special for my twin brothers' 10th birthday because they were having a lot of little friends over. She made a chocolate cake with a caramel filling, but to make it special, she upgraded to real caramels instead of that fake filling stuff. Well, after baking, the caramels in the middle hardened into...well, candy.
lol.png
So imagine her surprise trying to cut a cake where the knife only went 1/2 way through! After much effort, they were able to serve each boy some cake, but it was nearly impossible to chew! A lot of these kids lived in the neighborhood so she got reminded of that cake for years!
gig.gif

Sorry about your cake
hugs.gif

once (ok many times) I mixed up shortening and butter, now in recipes that say one or the other but ones from my mom say oleo. I can tell you there is a difference
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom