For those who have welsummers.

Hi,

I have two. By and large for the most part I've had no problems at all with either of my. My older one (by a month or two) did have a period of time there for a week or two where he rushed me a couple of times.

After the second or third time, I decided enough was enough. I think he may have blindsided me if I remember right but I chased him around for what seemed like 20 minutes or so until I finally caught him. I hung him upside down until he stopped fighting and then I carried him around with me for quite awhile. Then I sat him on the ground and held him until he stopped trying to run away. When he finally just stood there, I let him go.

That was the last time I had any problems with him and he seems to be just fine now. In fact I have both my Welsummer roos in with two Ameraucana roos and a Crevecoeur roo while I'm breeding my Ameraucanas. At one time I had all 7 roos together and had no problems.

I will say that I have had cock fighting problems after I've brought my roos home from shows. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's the Welsummers or the Ameraucanas. I guess they just forgot they knew each other and had to have a go at it again to see Who's Who. Other than than, I've never seen any aggression from my Welsummers.

Hope that helps.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom