For those who know their music...

beakkeeper

Songster
13 Years
Jul 20, 2008
...I could use a little help. I go to a small Christian highschool and I need some songs to put on a pump up/ warmup mix before volleyball/basketball games. The headmaster is very strict and won't allow inappropriate lyrics, swearing, etc. in the pump up songs. Does anyone know of some good warm up songs that have clean/appropriate lyrics or even know words at all? There's one really common one that has no words, but I can't think of the name...

any suggestions are appreciated!
smile.png

Thanks

Quote:
Yup that's a classic. And "the final countdown".

Quote:
Christian is fine, but mostly just clean lyrics. I'm thinking some Christian hip hop/rock would be good too. But it's gotta be the kind of thing a varsity team would warm up to.

Try some Casting Crowns off their newest album. "Until the Whole World Hears" would be appropriate and very upbeat AND it is Christian so the headmaster would likely love that. There is a few more of theirs that would be good, but that's the one that sticks out in my mind.

ETA: Maybe...Brandon Heath "Fight Another Day" and/or Third Day "Consuming Fire" I ONLY listen to Christian music....I had forgotten the secular songs we used to use..lol, but the above mentioned were two of them
smile.png
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm also thinking Manafest, Skillet, Red, Krystal Meyers, etc.

But I think he might be OK with some not-as-bad secular ones too...Rihanna or Black Eyed Peas or something... no Lady GaGa though.
tongue.png

Sandstorm! That one is a trance/techno that has no words. It's a popular song at sporting events.

Another good one is Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation. Again, no words...just some random harmony stuff.

I Like to Move It is another good song. There are various artists for that one. I also like Around the World by ATC. Not sure how good of a warm up song that one is.

I'll dig through my itunes and see what I can come up with!

Back
Top Bottom