For those with Show Dogs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redfeathers, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    You know what it's like to dedicate so many weekends to showing, grooming, taking care of and Paying for entry fee's, reserved grooming, hotel rooms and all the paraphanalia that goes with it. Well I'm ecstatic to announce the Liam (the dog in my avatar) finished his championship yesterday!!! woo hoo!!!!! [​IMG] He's done and I'm thrilled. Now if we show him again it will be just for fun.

He won a three point major and took Best of opposite sex yesterday in Vancouver Washington. [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

that is a gorgeous dog. My mom has a bichon frise - she doesn't show her but she should - that dog has more personality!!!!!

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, congrats! I'm not in the show dog world but can really appreciate the time and commitment it takes to make it that far! [​IMG]

4. tpflabs

tpflabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Metamora, Illinois
    WOW- Huge congrats.. and to finish with a major..BIG cookies for Liam!!

5. [​IMG]

YAY! Congrats!
    I have a Newfoundland who is just beginning his show career.

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Congratulations! I have considered showing dogs a time or two, but the timing has never been right.
    Liam IS gorgeous!!

7. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    FANTASTIC! What a finish!

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Woo HOO! I only showed dogs a little, but showed horses a LOT and I can FULLY appreciate what your finish mens. Congratulations, way to go, bravo and yeeee-HAW!!!

9. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Thank you. It has been fun. He was rewarded with a big Carls JR (plain) hamburger after the show. He's never had his own before and he thought that was good stuff!

10. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Oh, no, you cannot post just one little avatar-sized picture. We demand more pictures of that beautiful critter. I just know there is one where he is standing in front of the judge, proudly accepting his ribbon, right?

I have a couple of show-quality dogs (a Pyr (Impyrial lines) and a Newf (Kilyka) ) that are, alas, on limited registration--although as gorgeous as their champion siblings. Next year, hopefully if all goes well, they will get some working dog titles and I'll be able to compete them in draft, water rescue, rally, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by