For those with Show Dogs

Quote:
Thanks Holly I was really hoping I could show my neighbors dog. This dog is an perfect germen shepard. But Guess I need to figure out away to own her then because she could grt points fast I think.

If your neighbor's dog is show quality (and not spayed), you can show her in conformation (where the dog is judged on how well it conforms to the breed standard) without owning her at all - for as long as you want. There is no age limit or ownership qualification for conformation. It's only if you want to show in Junior Showmanship (where the junior handlers are judged on how well they present the dogs) that you (or a member of your household) would need to be listed as an owner.

Last edited:
OMG - I was at that show!!! I singled out my akita puppy girl(won't use the word we do at the shows) yesterday... wait, I mean sunday. Will you be doing Portland? Your dog is really very handsome. Does the breeder want to special him? What food is he on? His coat is gorgeous!!! HUGE HUGE congrats on his CH. !!!!
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif

Quote:
Congrats on the singles...now on to the majors!!

Do you mean the Rose City Classic in January? I haven't decided if he will be entered, though I'm sure I will be there, it's when our club does one of it's specialties and I usually have to run the raffle.
Liam probably won't be a specials dog, he is pretty and nicely put together, but the competition is very tough and I just don't know if he would do all that well. He will be entered for BOB in Salem in two weeks, but only because he was already entered in Open Dog and I requested to move him up.
At the time those pictures were taken, he was on Purina Pro Plan Salmon for sensitive systems. The price went up and the bag weight went down, so I switched brands and his coat doesn't look as good now as it did then...it's still nice but I have to supliment with either Show Stopper or Flax Oil.

Best wished to you and your Akita. If you are going to Salem, let me know and I'll try to look for ya!

We didn't enter Salem. Everything I have in my kennel is blowing coat. I probably won't show anything until Maybe Monroe/whidby island, then maybe a show or two in Dec/early jan. I would like to go to Eukanuba this year in CA. and take my girl to go for those majors. If not, I will have to wait for the rose city classic. It would be neat to meet you though!! So, maybe in January I will have a chance to say 'hello'.
smile.png
My breeder/mentor/friend is always asking me "how do you know these people?" it is pretty funny. I don't think she is used to others knowing as many people as she does. hee hee hee... she is a great friend. You meet a Lot of great people when you show dogs(or horse, chickens, etc). Some become lifelong friends.

Congrats again, and it is so nice 'meeting' you!!
wink.png
Do you know Louis Sutton? He is a vet, and his wife Tami shows their Irish Setter. He was my vet for a while, before he moved locations. Nice folks. They shop at the natural pet food store I work at. I don't remember what food they feed though. Maybe raw. I can't remember. Seems it is something simple though. What shampoo/conditioner do you like using the best? I Love Isle of Dogs. Have you tried it? It's awesome. For a food, you might try Natural Balance Sweet Potatoe and Fish. It is made with Salmon and is a very simple easy to digest food that is grain free. Might give that a try.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I don't have show dogs but when I worked for a vet's office we had clients who did. It was amazing to learn all that went into it!

It is a small world redfeathers
I know your dogs breeder! we always giggle because with different breeds we have the same kennel name (Carousel)
My group have all finished their Championship, we are going for obedience legs in Salem,
CONGRATS!

Quote:
Tami Sutton sounds very familiar. Do you know the kennel name or call name of their Irish?

I like Traleigh but there are others I try as well. I haven't tried Isle of Dogs yet, but I've seen it. I have great luck with the occasional use of Pantene if my dogs coat is dry, or I use a special biogroom conditioner that you leave on for a few days and then shampoo off. Of course I have to give lots of credit to Show Stopper supliment, I just add a scoop of that to his food and he has the best coat in just a matter of three days.

I hope to meet you too. I was going to Monroe but don't have to now that he finished. I love that show, it's where he got his very first point...thats the third picture I have on here with the really old judge that I was worried would fall over before he could finish judging.
wink.png

Anyway, lets hook up someday!

Back
Top Bottom