for your lost ones (chickens and only chickens please)

hit.gif

I lost my Girl ring neck just a few weeks ago. She was only a 16 months old. She was so special. She had such a personality and love eating from a white cup. She died suddenly from a apparent heart attack. I miss her so much. After my husband buried her he pointed to the sky and said their is your ring neck.Their was a cloud shaped just like a chicken in flight.I miss her so much. RIP Sweet Girl.

I lost my Girl ring neck just a few weeks ago. She was only a 16 months old. She was so special. She had such a personality and love eating from a white cup. She died suddenly from a apparent heart attack. I miss her so much. After my husband buried her he pointed to the sky and said their is your ring neck.Their was a cloud shaped just like a chicken in flight.I miss her so much. RIP Sweet Girl.
aww. so sorry to hear that. do you have any photos? i couldn't manage to dig up some of Lowey....still trying....

now i have one of my own.

hit.gif
my buff orpington.....Lowey Ginger.....my sweet, sweet girl.....i was in the coop and i saw a bobcat run up and jump on her.my roosters started gathering the rest of the hens and running with them. it was horrible. i ran, shouting, at the stupid dumb evil will-be killed by ME bobcat, (i WILL find and kill the evil creature. i wish him dead. just like his victim.) and the bobcat ran. Lowey was bouncing up and down on her back, making horrible cries of pain. i was running to her, trying to scoop her into my arms, when she bounced into a thornbush. i was wearing a skirt and a tank top when i dove into the rosebush to save her. i shoved the thorns aside, and carried out Lowey. she was still alive, with her right lung popping out of her. her breathing was quick and short. her head was dangling. i carried her to the house, running at top speed and talking in a rythm, "your still alive....it's ok....it's ok....please live.....please live...." by the time i was at the house, her breathing had stopped, her heart stopped thumping, and she slipped out of the world. it was (and is) evening, so i decided to rest her in my dad's shed, wrapped in a towel, for the night. and now, i am sobbing, my thorn covered hands killing me as i type.
and yes, this happened today.
RIP
LOWEY GINGER

i will post pics as soon as i find some.
OMG that is horrific. I'm so sorry that happened to the chicken, and to you. Also very sweet RE the roosters gathering everyone out.

About 2 weeks ago I went on a 2 night holiday I had won, and my family was feeding the hens. On the day I returned I IMMEDIATELY noticed my favourite hen was poopy. It turned out she had flystrike, really badly. I spent a few days trying to save her, but then she got mites really badly (likely from being unable to dust bath) and she died. I have not felt so guilty in a long time - me on holiday, relaxing, while she's getting her guts eaten by maggots.

When she was sick and I had to quickly segregate her to stop cannabalism:

This is Healthy Henrietta at the fore (named by my 10yo sister):

BTW you don't need to make an avatar, it was just nice to share with someone who wasn't weird about the fact that losing a chook can be upsetting. She was the gentler/submissive of the two, so I had a special bond ;-)

OMG that is horrific. I'm so sorry that happened to the chicken, and to you. Also very sweet RE the roosters gathering everyone out.

About 2 weeks ago I went on a 2 night holiday I had won, and my family was feeding the hens. On the day I returned I IMMEDIATELY noticed my favourite hen was poopy. It turned out she had flystrike, really badly. I spent a few days trying to save her, but then she got mites really badly (likely from being unable to dust bath) and she died. I have not felt so guilty in a long time - me on holiday, relaxing, while she's getting her guts eaten by maggots.

When she was sick and I had to quickly segregate her to stop cannabalism:

This is Healthy Henrietta at the fore (named by my 10yo sister):

BTW you don't need to make an avatar, it was just nice to share with someone who wasn't weird about the fact that losing a chook can be upsetting. She was the gentler/submissive of the two, so I had a special bond ;-)
so sorry to hear she passed. when did it happen?

I have lost so many miss them so much Rocky , Kfc , Chickenlicken , Nandos , Rudi , Lady , Winnie , Speckles , Mary , Ami , Darling , and a few others Rip will never for get you
1f627.png
1f496.png

Back
Top Bottom