Force Air CFM's...

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
I am thinking about building a hatcher using the parts from my now inoperable LG, and some spare parts I have laying around.

I have two Server cooling fans that I believe are 85cfm each. If I wire these in succession I'll have about 170 cfms.

So my question is how big of a cabinet can I build with these before the area inside is too big for these to make a difference?

Conversly, how big does it need to be so that it doesn't feel like a hurricane inside?

I hope that makes since....

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes sense, I have no idea, when my dh is back I will ask him. He is the hardware tech. I just wanted to answer you b/c I hate posting a question and being ignored.

Quote:
AMEN!!!
barnie.gif

Really? I can't seem to find out how many CFM's are in the incubator that I am running. Its an old Lyons electric, but the fan in it KICKS! Its about 4 to 6" wide I would guess.

These server fans are only about 4" square. I'll have to try and take pics tonight.

We use a 12V computer fan with a 9V power supply. It blows pretty good, though the 9V power supply slows it down some. I asked my Dh, who is an electronic tech, and he thinks that 85 cfm is a bit fast. I dunno, really. You can certainly try them and see what happens, then get a less powerful unit.

Well now that you have the fan/fan's and have your cfm figures maybe just build the hatcher to that size, but then your heating element may not be stout enough. Quagemire indeed.

AL

That seems like a lot of air movement, I wonder if you will have problems with keeping it wet enough in the whole incubator. It sounds like you will have to try it to find out

Back
Top Bottom