Forceful census takers? Anyone else being bagered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOOOHHH!! this is one of my FAVORITE pet peeves! I hate the census PERIOD. I will not fill one out so a "worker" came to my house left a note , which my neighbor ( trying to be nice ) tacked to my front door. Let me explain... I have a HUGE yard surrounded my a fence and a gate for the drive way . I came home and thought the "worker" opened my gate and came onto my property without permission... whew! was I mad! Then my neighbor explained that HE put the note on my door...( he still doesn't understand my problem with the census... doesn't matter) I cooled down but was so ready for the "worker" to come back. So about a week later here he comes and my neighbor meets him at my gate and tells him "Do not go on her property without asking first, I'll go tell her you're here" My neighbor comes to my door and lets me know "he" has arrived ( my neighbor does this because he likes to see the fireworks) I walk out to the gate and the man introduces himself and says "I have a few questions for you" I said "no, you don't, but, I'll makes this really easy for ya. There four adults living here and 3 if them can legally vote. That's ALL you're getting. Have a nice day. Do not come back here" He said "Well they're just going to send me back out here, at least tell me your names" I said "There is NO reason for you to have our names, NONE! and you'll be very sorry if you do as they want you to. I'll call the Sheriff and have you arrested for harassment."

I've seen him once more as he was driving by.

The census is such a load of horse puckey. *word change by staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Count your lucky stars you weren't bothered.
frow.gif

Quote:
No way PineappleMama! I'm with you 100%! In fact , I think I love you!

By the way, I think that if you have given the answers you feel comfortable with ( or not) and/or filled out the survey IT IS harassment for them to come and bother you at home. The problems with the mail, submitting your survey answers etc. is their problem not mine I shouldn't have to put up with being bothered by a census worker more than once.

I havent had this problem but my mom did the census this year she said everybody liked her but we havent had this problem, we mailed ours in, the only "problem" we had was that they didnt understand some of the answers and called to verify but other than that we havent been bugged since, maybe its cause she worked for the census or something? i dont know but that was the only real "issue" we've had and havent been bugged since, to the people who said the census keeps calling them, that may be why they keep calling, they may not understand some of your answers so id answer just to see what they want. oh by the way, its recorded, thats what my mom said, well actually i think i may have been able to hear it cause the phones so loud, but it was like "this conversation is being recorded"... yah dee yah dee yah but nothing major, but anyways that was the only issue weve had. but OP, yes that is rude, she has NO right to just barge into your house like that, maybe its cause she knows you so feels she can? but still this isnt personal, its important census/government stuff so she has NO right to do that, thats just plain rude, even if your ni the census, itd be rude if anybody did it not just census people, you dont HAVE to let her in and she has NO right to do that, thats rude, but maybe your form got lost or something? but still you told her how many people lived there which is all thats requiered and she doesnt have to come in to see that so thats odd and rude and she has no rights, very strange... well i hope you got it resolved and at least you wont have to deal with this for another 10 yrs...
lol.png

I sent mine in and had no problems but if i had.... well

No one comes to my place uninvited ,i have watch geese
lol.png
and very big dogs.

DSC001662.jpg

Yes, yes and YES, I got 3 forms in the mail, sent one back, they were on the phone 7 times that I answered, left messages several times a day if I wasn't home, sent the same worker twice, another one once, I told her I had it with them, SHE CALLED THE COPS ON ME!!!!!!!! The whole thing was crazy. Talk about harressment, I don't trust them. Them being the feds. I think what brought the wrath down on me is I answered American for race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom