Foreign language? What just happened?

Yup, we've been getting a wave of spammers trying to push their junk links on BYC.

We try to balance between keeping the junk out while not limiting our legit members. Sometimes it's hard for the automated systems to tell the difference, so that's why we are thankful that our members click the report flag on spam posts.

NOTE: You only need to report one post from the spammer. We'll be able to zap all their posts from just one report.

Thanks for everyone's patience and help as we work through these situations!

I'm still getting Chinese on my iPad and mobile ph on the home page. Have texted support also. Will try flagging them. Very frustrating

Hope I don't jinx myself but, I have been able to go to all my favorite threads with no trouble, as well as New Member Intros, What breed or gender, etc. etc.

Please don't let spammers turn you off of BYC.

Hope I don't jinx myself but, I have been able to go to all my favorite threads with no trouble, as well as New Member Intros, What breed or gender, etc. etc.

Please don't let spammers turn you off of BYC.

x2

Spam happens. BYC mods do a terrific job of clearing it up quickly.

We've added some new blocks in place to keep them out of articles and the forum. It adds WAY more work for our moderators since they now have to manually approve all new member posts, but until we find other ways to stop these dirty spammers, it's kinda our only option.

So... make sure to show some huge love to your BYC Moderators!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom