Former future chicken farmer

Jilissa

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2020
I can say this to you all and not garner funny looks: raising chickens is a dream come true.
Well, my companion and I have 11 various canarios, which I think are all called Bantams by you; 3 birds who I think are Komarhuya or something... I'll have to remind myself of so.e of these; two goth chicks who between them are tending 10 chicks. One has her own plus the babes of another who I think killed three other wee ones, for which they are happy with their foster mom; 2 I think are Brahma and/or Brahma crosses; 6 Reds; 2 white chicks with specks of black and chestnut; Big Papa, I think is a Leghorn perhaps; also four turkeys one of whom has 12 wee ones right now.
I'm new to this, but as with many things, we are diving in.
Challenges and bumps so far encountered aside from pecky mother, Barbarella, the dogs who nowww understand that they are to protect rather than kill the birds. And they are the most amazing helpers now. I'll have to write a post about that perhaps.
It's The Booboosh, Me, five cats, four dogs, a momma and baby cow, two sheep, two horses, a mule, three colonies of bees, a baby food forest...
We love our birds.
What more?

I can say this to you all and not garner funny looks: raising chickens is a dream come true.
Well, my companion and I have 11 various canarios, which I think are all called Bantams by you; 3 birds who I think are Komarhuya or something... I'll have to remind myself of so.e of these; two goth chicks who between them are tending 10 chicks. One has her own plus the babes of another who I think killed three other wee ones, for which they are happy with their foster mom; 2 I think are Brahma and/or Brahma crosses; 6 Reds; 2 white chicks with specks of black and chestnut; Big Papa, I think is a Leghorn perhaps; also four turkeys one of whom has 12 wee ones right now.
I'm new to this, but as with many things, we are diving in.
Challenges and bumps so far encountered aside from pecky mother, Barbarella, the dogs who nowww understand that they are to protect rather than kill the birds. And they are the most amazing helpers now. I'll have to write a post about that perhaps.
It's The Booboosh, Me, five cats, four dogs, a momma and baby cow, two sheep, two horses, a mule, three colonies of bees, a baby food forest...
We love our birds.
What more?
Sounds like you have your hands full!!
And I am oh so jealous 🤗

Back
Top Bottom