Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
We get this question a lot so I thought I'd post an FAQ about it.

Q) What is the phrase under my username:
A) This is a user "Title"

Q) How do I change / get a new title?
A) There are 3 ways to get a new title:

1) Automatically: The forum keeps track of the number of Trophy Points you have and will give you a title. Here are the "ranks"

You will move:

• New egg: 0
  • Just Hatched:10
  • Out of the brooder: 20
  • Chillin with my peeps: 50
  • Overrun with chickens: 250
  • Chicken Obsessed: 400
  • Addict: 500
  • Flock Master: 600

2) From BYC Staff: Once in a while our staff will bestow a title to a member based on something fun that they know about the member. This is done randomly and is not done upon request (members that don't like a title a moderator have given them in fun can request to have it changed back to the default... but we don't think this has ever happened).
wink.png

3) Premium Feather Members - Yes, membership has its benefits.
smile.png
One of the perks of being a PFM is the ability for members to request a custom title. We've had some members buy a PFM as a gift for their friends just so they can give that friend a new title of their choosing.

If you have any other questions about Member Titles, please ask them here.

Last edited:
Sooooo. . . .at the rate I'm going, I'll be "overrun with chickens" before I even get chickens.

I think the BYC addict designation needs to happen a lot sooner. BYC is waaaaaaay more addictive than it appears, and there should be more warnings than just a puny little notice on the front page. Smokers get more warning than that, and tobacco isn't nearly as bad as this web site.
roll.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady......HOW do you manage to get THAT many post's in 2 years?!! I did the math, its like 136 post's a WEEK! 19.37 a day if you logged on and posted 7 days a week.! Wow, it clearly shows what an addiction this site can cause LOL!! Is there a threshold you have to pass before they make you a mod? Does Nifty scan the forum for people that post over 15 a day and ask them to "come to the dark side" because they've demonstrated their allegiance? LOL

Seriously though, good for you! I hope that EVERYONE still has the same passion for this forum 2 years from now. I am sure that I will. I have scoured the internet, and THIS is the most interactive site out there - - - for the average fan. Pretty much everything else caters to special individual groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom