Foster Chicken

Chickie64

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 23, 2013
So basically I have 13 chickens, 4 adults and 9 three month olds. They're seperated but anyways these people down the street from us came by with a chicken they thought might be ours. She wasn't, but they didn't have anything to take care of her with so we took her. They called animal control and took our number down. I let her our with my younger chicks and they were okay at first but one of them attacked her and they were pecking at her a lot. I know she's going to get beat up but I'm unsure of what to do. Right now she's in a wire dog cage in the younger chicks pen area. But if the owners contact us I don't want to take the time and energy to integrate her into the flock. And nine against one isn't very fair. She's a really friendly chick but I don't know if she has had her shots or anything, she's a little younger than my three months. Any advice would be much appreciated.

i would put her in with one adult hen for 2 days then add another adult then in another 2 days add another that should help.

To late now, but I would not have put her in with my flock, as you said you don't know what shots she has had or what disease she may be carrying. A caring gesture, but a quarantine would still be caring, and may save your flock.

What words of comfort but a foolish mistake on my part. I just can't stand to see a lonely animal

None yet, we're calling animal control tomorrow but she's a really friendly chicken seems like someone put a lot of love into her.

Back
Top Bottom