Fostering: What dog breeds should we avoid?

:pop
OP here. Our first foster dog Missy is back at the shelter now & her new owners are on their way to fill out the adoption paperwork!

Also, we are fostering a pit mix starting tomorrow! 😁 Rocky is super sweet!

I guess I’ve learned to not judge a dog by its breed here! Thanks!

Attachments

• 67A6571D-043A-4CB0-A4B5-BA8A1D9EA8C5.jpeg
    67A6571D-043A-4CB0-A4B5-BA8A1D9EA8C5.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
:pop
OP here. Our first foster dog Missy is back at the shelter now & her new owners are on their way to fill out the adoption paperwork!

Also, we are fostering a pit mix starting tomorrow! 😁 Rocky is super sweet!

I guess I’ve learned to not judge a dog by its breed here! Thanks!
Awesome!!! What is Rocky mixed with?

There's lots of other dogs that look mean too. I mean, I got a Rottweiler and when strangers first see her, they are quite scared. But RaleighLink14 said in her video that she used to be an Pit Bull advocate. I used to always say, "dogs are just like humans. You raise a kid right, it'll turn out right. You raise a dog right, it'll turn out right. You raise a kid to be a killer, it'll be a killer. You raise a dog to be a killer, it'll be a killer." Which is true to an extent. But Pit Bulls, unlike any other dog, have been bred over hundreds of years to attack. Its in their genes just like herding is bred into cattle dogs. I wouldn't trust a Pit Bull that was rescued from a dog fighter. Because those to dogs were bred from their top fighters for several generations. Now I would trust a Pit Bull that was from someone that the dogs ancestors for several generations were very sweet and never showed any aggression signs. That this responsible breeding!

Humans have f*cked up so much stuff and dogs are no exception. Its humans fault not the dogs fault that we have this breed to deal with now.
Exactly, like I said it's not the dog's fault if it was bred to be a fighter, not all pit bulls are in that though. If they are taught right they will be amazing dogs and great around livestock.

Back
Top Bottom