Found a cartridge casing in my duck's run area

I've been wondering about this very thing, ever find them in chickens?
Nope, never found anything like that in a chicken, but I haven't necropsied other peeps chickens, just peafowl.
Geese especially, they are drawn to anything that could cause certain death.
I do think that some species, like peafowl, turkeys, ducks, and geese are more at risk for this than chickens.

Agree with that, the chickens usually decipher edibles by sight...the waterfowl in my yard have to taste test first :barnie

Did any of yall see that video a few years back about the girl feeding the crows....they brought her little trinkets everyday to say thanks! I'll try to find the vid.

That's a really cool video.

I actually swept the area with a large shop-mag from Harbor-Freight and found a ton of scrap metal, from nails, screws and staples to unidentifiable objects, but neither shell casings, nor most bullets are magnetic. :D
So it will be a metal detector (see above), but which one - i have no clue!
Well, hooray for the first round of harmful objects rounded up! Nails, screws, and staples are definitely shiny and would be swallowed so quickly! Maybe a leaf blower could help you clear out the area until you get a metal detector? Or at least help any casings laying in the open get discovered?

There's an adage....
.....'you might be a hillbilly if there's cartridge casings in your yard'.

So your screen name has come true :D

:old I take offense!

(;))

Check out...
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~scook/html/redneck.htm
&
Screenshot_20191227-182726_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom