Found a chick

It isn’t good for the bird, so...yeah. They are definitely very social and love the outdoors.
It isn’t good for the bird, so...yeah. They are definitely very social and love the outdoors.
That’s what I was afraid of 😕 I definitely want her to have the best life possible. She’s super sweet.

Have you asked any of the neighbors or anything if they’re missing a chicken? Do other people near you have chickens? A chick that young likely wouldn’t have wandered far. I think you should look locally first to see if anyone is missing one before giving it away. Although it is possible it was dumped. But I would look around first.
I did. None of our neighbors have chickens. I’m pretty sure an animal or another bird got to her and dropped her because she has some injuries and dried blood under her wing. I can see her little wing bone popping out 🙁 I’m bringing her to the vet tomorrow to get her looked at.

That’s what I was afraid of 😕 I definitely want her to have the best life possible. She’s super sweet.

Actually there’s many people who keep very happy house chickens!

Look up lipstick and chickens on Instagram, they keep a house chicken, hen_stefani and bluff the crossbeak do too! I’m sure they would love to help you with any advice!

Actually there’s many people who keep very happy house chickens!

Look up lipstick and chickens on Instagram, they keep a house chicken, hen_stefani and bluff the crossbeak do too! I’m sure they would love to help you with any advice!
People claim the birds are happy, but it isn’t always true. They just don’t know that they could be scratching in the dirt with their friends. However, in some instances it is the only option, if a flock member is bullied to the point of death.
This is not the case here.

Back
Top Bottom