Found a downside to my backyard eggs

LarissaCluck

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 11, 2011
Central Coast, CA
Well I finally found a downside to my delicious backyard eggs.

i tried to make some pink cupcakes yesterday and they turned the batter orange! Now those are some bright yolks! LOL

yuckyuck.gif

Well that's it. I have to butcher the birds, dismantle the coops, sell the bags of feed and other supplies. No sense kidding myself... this agricultural "experiment" never had a chance from the beginning! WHAT was I thinking? Good for the environment? Better food for the family? Make a little money if everything goes well? It was all a pipedream!! I see it now. I was deluding my family and friends from the start, but now I have seen the light. Tried to make pink cupcakes but they turned out orange! Oh, the humanity!

... did I say that out loud? This is awkward.
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

(just kidding!
hugs.gif
)

Last edited:
Drop that axe! These birds need not die for their flawed yolks!
gig.gif

I was just reading this post to my mother (and having quite a good laugh) and she shared with me a nugget of wisdom that will spare the layers of these shameful eggs. She told me that if you add a drop or two of lemon juice to the eggs before adding them to the batter, the yellow will lighten. You can have your cake and eat it too...and it CAN be pink!
old.gif

bow.gif
It is amazing what you can learn from your mom while drinking coffee at 2am!

Quote:
Well there ya go, guess I don't have to do away with my flock.
wink.png
Good thing as I was getting attached to Helga, Queen Elizabeth and Ugly. And wouldn't you know I have a lemon tree?

LOL although the orange cupcakes for Halloween are a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom