Found a partner in crime!

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
I had posted a wanted add for Saxony ducks, with no luck. But someone did email and we talked at length about going in on an order from Holderreads! He'll pay for 75% of the order, for half the ducklings, if I brood them until they no longer need heat. Sounds like a heck of a deal to me! He's coming over on Friday to talk it over more and to drop off his share so I can mail it off. Yay!

Need to call the hatchery and make sure I do everything right. I've never ordered from them before. But this guy saw the photo and now wants them as bad as I do to add to his pond/flock. I knew I wouldn't be the only one!

If I was you I would call Holderreads and see if they can fill your order first. Most of the time oyu have to order well in advance, sort of like order this year for next year type of thing. So before he has a wasted journey...call Holderreads to see if they can fill an order

Quote:
agreed. its getting down to the wire (last shipment for the year is june 13) but it never hurts to ask! I wouldnt call until wed or thursday because monday and tuesdays they are super busy

I emailed them today, and sent my order and payment as well since they did confirm it was getting down to the wire. Partner can pony up later or I'll just have all 10 to myself!

All systems go! They said they'd send confirmation and shipment dates after they have my payment in hand. Hopefully it's this year and not next!
lol.png

They will do that. I actually did the opposite...I sent in my payment and then called them after to confirm they had availability...that was foolish. I will also be getting some Saxonies either June 6th or 13th.

I'm already freaking out about when to expect them! I KNEW this was going to be worse than Ebay.
lol.png
LIVE babies coming all the way from the west coast? I hope I don't get a speeding ticket on the way to the post office when they call me for pickup.

Back
Top Bottom