Found a place to order DE that is affordable!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tktagalongtek, Jan 23, 2009.

1. tktagalongtek

tktagalongtek Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I remember reading several posts a while back about people not being able to find DE or knowing where to get it, but it being seriously expensive. I found a place to get it that isn't!

Check out the spring catalog from Jung Seeds & Plants.

I found it on page 41, comes in 1 1/2 pound box for $9.95 or 4 lb bag for $14.95 (plus shipping/taxes)

Phone # is 1-800-247-5864

website is www.jungseed.com

Sure hope this helps everyone!

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I get a 50 lb bag for $26 I spent just as much on a 2 lb bag ordering it online before i found a place local that sells it

3. tktagalongtek

tktagalongtek Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I've checked all over here, and so far no luck in finding anyone who carries it or can even get it--if they even know what I'm talking about and don't look at me like I've got two heads...figured this may help anyone who's having the same problem.

Where on earth did you find it at?

4. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    What is DE and what's it for? Is is Diatomaceous earth?

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    A fellow BYC'er told me about a feed mill about 30 miles from here, they carry it and apparently sell out quite frequently. I had to wait a week until they got another shipment in. I know how you feel about feeling like noone knows what the heck you are talking about when asking about it. Fleet farm now carrys it here too about the same price for a 50 lb bag.
    CT chickenmom we use it in our coops and runs to keep the mites away and some sprinkle it in the chicken feed to deter worms and such. Its great to use in the coop, it keeps everything nice and dry and the poo smell to a minimum [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by