Found a strange dead rooster in yard today

@EggWalrus since dead one-eyed rooster is not yours, is it possible he belongs to a neighbor and your dog went there and offed the rooster because it was not his?
It's possible that the one eyed rooster was a neighbor's, but I don't think Buddy would have killed it. He killed a few chickens when he was just a few months old, but he has since been rehabilitated (i.o.w got his ass whipped) and is very gentle with chickens, even biddies.
I reckon my neighbor could have found it dead and threw it in the creek, then Buddy found it and brought it up in the yard. But it's 1/2 mile up the creek to my next door neighbor and there's enough fallen trees, brush and snags in the creek that the bird could not have floated down here with it hanging up. And Buddy being a puppy still, he doesn't go off the property by even 100 feet. I know with him being Pyrenees that in the next year he will start to get that damned wander lust. I'll have to keep him penned up with the birds then and he won't be able to run free anymore. :hit

If like my dogs and LGD's at my place of work, livestock not part of their territory is not livestock. Be watching for wonder lust to be starting now.
I've read that once they get to be 2-3 years old, an adult, they get the wander lust. Buddy and his chickens only have about 2 acres. That's fine for the birds, but soon Buddy is gonna want to start exploring more of the world than what is his domain.
Gonna have to keep him penned up with his chickens. For his own safety.

Back
Top Bottom