Found a Teeny Tiny Dutch Bantam on the side of the road-UPDATE w/pic!

I have a tiny little free ranging bantam hen that looks exactly like, and is the same size, as your little pullet. I hatched her from a bunch of eggs this Spring that I received from Teresa Booher in Texas on Ebay. Teresa said they were Dutch Bantams and they are a variety of colors. Some solid black,grey,partridge,white,white with black spots, a little solid blue Silkie, and one black with a few white feathers. The one that looks like your pullet just hatched off 8 eggs in a flower basket in the garage. The chicks are about a month old now and can fly like birds and the hen is the best mother you could imagine. She brings the chicks back into the garage at nite and when we open the door in the morning and she takes her brood out for training for the day. There are two pullets more sitting on eggs now and we have restricted them down to only two eggs per nest as they can reproduce like rabbits and it seems that every egg hatches. She is so tame that she will actually get dangerously underfoot when we go outside and you can pick her up easily. Feeding them hardboiled eggs is their favorite treat and the chicks will take the crushed egg right out of the hand.

Back
Top Bottom