Found abandoned duckling. Its very afraid.

Also, it cant be roeun or mallard/mallard call because of the eye stripe and pointed bill, which leaves muscovy, but color pattern took me to mallard! What are your native duck species?

Whatever it is, im almost positive it was bred domestic becUse its a bit late for any bird to have babies still that young.

I don't think tere are any close farms but it could be possible.. I live next to a river where we get a lot of mallard ducks, canadian geese and some loons.. Thats why I mostly thought it was a mallard.
Here's a close up picture.

I don't think tere are any close farms but it could be possible.. I live next to a river where we get a lot of mallard ducks, canadian geese and some loons.. Thats why I mostly thought it was a mallard.
Here's a close up picture.

That's a Scovy baby. there is a member named zook who has Scovy's and he lives in eastern Canada, so there are Muscovy's every where.

That's a Scovy baby. there is a member named zook who has Scovy's and he lives in eastern Canada, so there are Muscovy's every where.

That's weird because I've never seen that kind of duck... Ever until I looked it up on google.. And from the images on google, the duckling's feet seem pretty pale, but my duckling have brownish-black feet.

That's weird because I've never seen that kind of duck... Ever until I looked it up on google.. And from the images on google, the duckling's feet seem pretty pale, but my duckling have brownish-black feet.
Muscovys can have blk feet, flesh colored feet and two toned feet.
200x200px-ZC-f9f69ef7_IMG_1954.jpeg
2days old look at his feet. My baby who is now 3yrs old.

Last edited:
Anyone else might have an idea of what kind of duck it is? I really doubt that it's a muscovy... I've never seen that duck here before and I live next to a river full of wildlife.

Back
Top Bottom