Found bargain paint at Home Depot!

debid

Free Ranging
10 Years
Jan 20, 2011
middle TN
We're building our coop in modular fashion in the garage. The floor and four sides are done. Next weekend, we should be able to assemble and get the sheathing on. SO, I thought it might be easier to paint prior to assembly and I headed out to find that perfect gallon of mis-tint paint. Apparently, someone beat me to the stack at Home Depot because the gal at the counter told me a guy had just bought everything she had. She asked what I was going to use it for and then directed me to some clearance paint. The company has changed the label so it's the old packaging but I certainly don't mind. So, I bought a gallon of semigloss, exterior, oil/alkalyd paint for $10!
big_smile.png
And since it was new paint, I got to pick the color. I chose a very pale blue, about the same color as the hazy sky today.

Lucky you! I had my kids painting the new brooder Saturday with returned paint and didn't get a deal that good
smile.png
Plus the brooder is grey, blue, mauve, and kind of purplish LOL

I love mis-tints! I've got some of the wildest colors that way! Actually I found a really nice sea blue and sand tan that I used to paint my bathroom after my misadventure in brooding 20 chicks in there, lol It only cost $10 to paint it!

ETA---I also use the mis-tints to paint tires that I use for the dogs to play on/in, raised blackberry beds, temp tree rings. All those colors look so much better than big black tires

Last edited:
I used to get mixed paint from home depot partial or full can for $1 each. These usually returned or customer does not pick them up. It work just fine if you are not picky about the color.

I'm completely sold on buying mis-tinted paint! We stained the kids' playset with a high quality, mis-tint stain and it's gorgeous. Based on my 3-store shopping trip, $5-10/gallon is the mis-tint norm here, even for the top quality paints. My husband told me to get barn paint because it's "just a coop" but if it's also just about the same price for the good stuff, why not?!

But hey, if anyone is paint shopping, your local Depot might have the same deal...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom