Found chick in road..help with ID

This is just the cutest story. I love it that your husband went and got two chicks to keep her company. Be sure to remove the newspaper and just have shavings in a day or so.
smile.png

I can't help you with the detective work as i live in Scotland and am not used to your wild animals lol!
But....it is VERY cute, am interested to find out what it actually is!

From it's size compared to the chicks your husband got. and pictures I looked at, I think you have a white coturnix chick. If it were a turkey, I would think it would be larger than the other chicks. I think it probably escaped from someone, as most wild quail and turkey are brown-----it's their camoflage and protects them from predators. Of course, there is always the possibility that there are some white quail that escaped from captivity and are surviving in the wild. We have a few "wild" chickens around here!

Sorry but that is 100% young coturnix quail and you should remove it from the chicks. Quails can catch something (cant remember what) that makes it look like their feathers are falling out around their face, I dont remember if its fatal or not

I'm 100 % sure you have a quail. They are domestic white quail, or pheroh. It should be fine with the chicks til they get bigger. I have button quail in with chciks and they do just fine. even if the buttons are older then the cihcks..

Back
Top Bottom