Found Dead hen this am!

tschica

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 14, 2012
My Barred rock was found dead underneath the roost. Can anyone help? She was acting weird yesterday, she was super fluffy looking and being really slow. Usually she doesn't let me pet her, but yesterday she did.. Any ideas??? I'm devastated!

My Barred rock was found dead underneath the roost. Can anyone help? She was acting weird yesterday, she was super fluffy looking and being really slow. Usually she doesn't let me pet her, but yesterday she did.. Any ideas??? I'm devastated!
I had one fall of the roost in the middle of the night... The necropsy showed kidney failure, but they didn't know the cause.

I would look for mites then I would jsut worm anyone looking thin and not doing so well. I also would give an antibiotic shot to anyone looking fluffy and not acting as well. Sometimes a bug just goes around.

Yea... everyone else in the flock looks good... Everyone is pretty healthy looking. I have one chicken that has always been small... maybe I should worm her?? I didn't see any mites or anything on her... and yes, she did roost last night, but away from everyone else. It was really weird, especially because she was walking around so slow... but she left the coop, and appeared to be free ranging... but she wouldn't eat any of the veggies scraps I had put out for everyone else.. So sad :-(

Back
Top Bottom