mammaofmiracles

Chirping
May 22, 2017
D76D17DE-43DE-4797-BB90-69794893C340.jpg
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]I found 6 duck eggs and made a home made incubator and now all my thoughts are consumed by these eggs I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't own chickens, or ducks, or have a farm. I have 10 kids and two dogs lol
Please please help!
Found a dead duck that just laid the eggs and I made this incubator and today is day 6 of them being in it. Humidity is 55-65 and temp is 99-100 but has gotten as low as 97 and as high as 102.
Please help!

Welcome to BYC!
O boy...
Sounds like you already have your hands full.
I would say run and put them back where you got them from.
Can you post a picture of your incubator?

The duck was hit by a car and I couldn't just leave the eggs there
I googled what to do but I'm so lost!
I "candled" and saw veins and stuff but they were small and only in 2 of them.

I just hatched one that a friend brought by because a racoon got mom and most of her ducks. I had two that looked to be around a week. Yes, we were guessing by candling how far along they were, and the time my friend thought she had started sitting. We were close. I candled around day 18 and saw shadows in the bottom of the air cell..so into lock down the went. Only one made it. Soo cute..wishing I could keep ducks! Anyway, do your guessstament..then candle around what you think to be day 17 or 18. There are charts galore on google to help you see where abouts they are. Good luck. I have to share a photo of one of the candling I got. I love it when I get chick feet to show up, but this was new to me, and sooo cute!
20170428_200055.jpg

I just hatched one that a friend brought by because a racoon got mom and most of her ducks. I had two that looked to be around a week. Yes, we were guessing by candling how far along they were, and the time my friend thought she had started sitting. We were close. I candled around day 18 and saw shadows in the bottom of the air cell..so into lock down the went. Only one made it. Soo cute..wishing I could keep ducks! Anyway, do your guessstament..then candle around what you think to be day 17 or 18. There are charts galore on google to help you see where abouts they are. Good luck. I have to share a photo of one of the candling I got. I love it when I get chick feet to show up, but this was new to me, and sooo cute!
View attachment 556382
precious picture!
those wittle feets!

Omg I'm in love with that picture!!! The lady who saw mom get hit said she just laid them :(
So I took them home and googled and I sprayed them with half water half listerine and let them sit in room temp for 12-24 hours while I set up home made incubator and let it regulate the best I could. So I put them in and today is the start of day 6. I will post a pic later of when I candled one of them yesterday at day 5.
I'm scared though because I saw veins but some people say they see little heart beating on theirs and I didn't see that on mine.

That's what I said when I very first posted it somewhere. Precious!
And hey mamam..I went onto many a duck site to get info. I found that not everyone is spraying anymore. So, I didn't. At least I had the one hatch, the other one was waaay behind in development, and it's beak wasn't normal. So really, I only had one real viable baby. You can decide after asking around if spray is a good thing. One duck lady that hatches often said, she found that the spray actually draws out the humidity in them!

Please post on the "Duck thread,". I don't have hatching experience but, in your first photo it looks like 4 eggs or so have a slight ,round depression. I'm thinking either they were about to pip. But, since the depression seems the same on the 4of them(size,shape) it may be from some damage to the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom