Found hen dead. Any ideas what happened?

Exactly! I'm getting bantams which I'm super excited about! I know they don't lay very much lol, but when my mom asks if they lat often, I just tell her yes haha! ;)
We already have 9, soon to be 10 ducks! How many more eggs do we need!
What breeds of Bantams are you planning to get?

The birds I have are:
Orpingtons, 4 Buff, & 3 Project Wheaten Crele, hens

2 Cuckoo Marans hens

2 Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock hens

A Black Copper Maran hen

2 Red JungleFowl hybrids

8 Silkie hens

2 Porcelain D'uccle hens

2 Mille Fleur D'uccles, one is laying.

3 light Brahmas

& Various mixed breeds.

I'm only counting the ones I know are laying.
Thats all you need. I know a friend who has a flock entirely consisting of Golden Comets. She had 7 or 8. Why do you need that many Golden Comets? They've got to have more eggs then they can count.
I only reason we need a bunch of eggs anyway, is for out dogs raw diet. Even with that though, we still have to many eggs.

Thats all you need. I know a friend who has a flock entirely consisting of Golden Comets. She had 7 or 8. Why do you need that many Golden Comets? They've got to have more eggs then they can count.
I only reason we need a bunch of eggs anyway, is for out dogs raw diet. Even with that though, we still have to many eggs.
I'm working on selling eggs.

Forgot to add the 4 EEs to the list.

They must love their golden Comets, I guess.

What breeds of Bantams are you planning to get?
I already have 3 assorted bantams from TSC. I prefer not to buy chicks from TSC, but they were the only place that had chicks for a single chick I hatched. She was a bantam Cochin named Early bird. She died not to long after hatching though, that was a hard one.
I have a grey Silkie, Black OEGB, and Red Ply OEGB bantam.
I'm also trying to hatch some kind of bantam Cochin eggs, but I can't for the life of me have a successful hatch! I last few times its been shipping, and this time I think the eggs sat around to long before incubating. ARGH!
At this point, any good quality, well stored bantam hatching eggs I'll be willing to take. I'm not to picky.

I'm working on selling eggs.

Forgot to add the 4 EEs to the list.

They must love their golden Comets, I guess.
Thats cool, if I can figure out how to get good eggs to hatch, I want to hatch a sell a batch of bantams next summer. Nothing crazy as I'm not getting any papers or anything.

So odd haha! Why that many high production breeds? :idunno

I already have 3 assorted bantams from TSC. I prefer not to buy chicks from TSC, but they were the only place that had chicks for a single chick I hatched. She was a bantam Cochin named Early bird. She died not to long after hatching though, that was a hard one.
I have a grey Silkie, Black OEGB, and Red Ply OEGB bantam.
I'm also trying to hatch some kind of bantam Cochin eggs, but I can't for the life of me have a successful hatch! I last few times its been shipping, and this time I think the eggs sat around to long before incubating. ARGH!
At this point, any good quality, well stored bantam hatching eggs I'll be willing to take. I'm not to picky.
Nice choice.

Hopefully you have a better hatch.

Thats cool, if I can figure out how to get good eggs to hatch, I want to hatch a sell a batch of bantams next summer. Nothing crazy as I'm not getting any papers or anything.

So odd haha! Why that many high production breeds? :idunno
What do you mean by papers?

Yeah, someone near my grandpa's place has like 50 Golden Comets, which I think is a bit over kill.

Back
Top Bottom