Found injured chicken

Other eye is fine, don’t see any other wounds, I’m scared to put it back down on the ground cause I’m not sure if I’ll be able to catch it again and if I can’t catch it my dog will probably get it again unless it makes its way back out of my fence.
This is a major concern. Do you have a room in your house you could use to house her? Cover the ground with newspaper or towels and put her in there? A bathroom usually works well. If you can't do that, a large dog kennel works just as well. Do you have a kennel for your dog? Then place the kennel in a calm quite environment free of stress.
Don't put her down in an area you can't contain her.

Can you post a photo of the ingredients on the goat nutri drench? I'm going to compare them to the chicken, surely their close enough.

I saw this question was asked above, but I'm going to repeat it. Can you check her entire body over for more wounds? If you find any, can we see pictures please? Look for punctures under feathers, feet, head, neck, back, everywhere. If you miss a puncture it will likely become infected which can cause major issues.

The first thing you want to do is treat for shock. To do this, offer sugar water, or Gatorade both work well. Dipping her beak in the water may get her to take it, start there to cause as little stress as possible. Hydration is key.

Other eye is fine, don’t see any other wounds, I’m scared to put it back down on the ground cause I’m not sure if I’ll be able to catch it again and if I can’t catch it my dog will probably get it again unless it makes its way back out of my fence.
That's good. Obviously, if she survives, she will be blind in one eye for the rest of her life.
Do you have a dog crate you could put her in? Or some kind of cage, where she cannot escape and the dog can't get to her? If so, put her in there with some hay or pine shavings(if you have any) and food and water.

If the eye is the only injured body part, I wouldn't put her down. She seems like a strong lady! 💪

Good luck!

Attachments

• CAA3EBC9-BE82-4386-8B08-0EA6A2B89442.jpeg
    CAA3EBC9-BE82-4386-8B08-0EA6A2B89442.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 3
  • AF5165C9-C5C9-434E-86B7-8C2A93BCA9DA.jpeg
    AF5165C9-C5C9-434E-86B7-8C2A93BCA9DA.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 3
Can you post a photo of the ingredients on the goat nutri drench? I'm going to compare them to the chicken, surely their close enough.

I saw this question was asked above, but I'm going to repeat it. Can you check her entire body over for more wounds? If you find any, can we see pictures please? Look for punctures under feathers, feet, head, neck, back, everywhere. If you miss a puncture it will likely become infected which can cause major issues.

The first thing you want to do is treat for shock. To do this, offer sugar water, or Gatorade both work well. Dipping her beak in the water may get her to take it, start there to cause as little stress as possible. Hydration is key.

Attachments

• ED6EA5B3-93E6-45C7-A201-44E73C8FEBEC.jpeg
    ED6EA5B3-93E6-45C7-A201-44E73C8FEBEC.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 3
That's good. Obviously, if she survives, she will be blind in one eye for the rest of her life.
Do you have a dog crate you could put her in? Or some kind of cage, where she cannot escape and the dog can't get to her? If so, put her in there with some hay or pine shavings(if you have any) and food and water.

If the eye is the only injured body part, I wouldn't put her down. She seems like a strong lady! 💪

Good luck!
I don’t have anything other than a box right now, all of our dog cages have lost the doors to them of course.

I don’t have anything other than a box right now, all of our dog cages have lost the doors to them of course.
As Weeg mentioned, do you have maybe a bathroom or closet that she could be in? You could line the floors with something to prevent her from pooping on the floor and making a mess.

As Weeg mentioned, do you have maybe a bathroom or closet that she could be in? You could line the floors with something to prevent her from pooping on the floor and making a mess.
All of our closets are carpet and our only bathroom with a door is where the dog sleeps at night.

Back
Top Bottom