Found injury...help?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MountainMamaWNC, Apr 18, 2017.

1. MountainMamaWNC

MountainMamaWNC New Egg

Apr 18, 2017
    So I just found several scabbed up puncture holes under my hens wing. I brought her in to bath due to clumped up poop on her bum and also noticed feathers gone behind neck / between wings...thinking it was pecking and from our rooster who mounts her and pecks at her....anyway noticed these wounds that were all dry but black in color and deep. Could it be from the rooster??? I washed her up, blow dried her due to it being a bit chilly and put some neosporine on the wounds. Any ideas? Should I keep a close eye on her? She's eating and pooping fine except the poop clumps. She is a Cochin and the smallest in my flock.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. 123Pumpkin123

123Pumpkin123 Just Hatched

Apr 18, 2017
    Hmmm, I've never seen anything like this before with my flock but since you mentioned the rooster, does he by chance have sharp spurs that could've punctured her on accident? Neosporin is a good idea, and as long as there is a scab and no infection there shouldn't be a need to cover it up but keeping an eye on her is a good idea

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by