Found! Missing Muscovy duck

BelValleyDaisy

Songster
Oct 10, 2015
UK
63BC87A5-1493-42C9-A91C-357C6FCDA450.jpeg
70672B0C-9B6F-4E19-8A70-255621E485FA.jpeg
E5B517FC-3C3E-4858-91F0-39F44F00EC41.png
Hey! So I need some help trying to find the owner of this lost duck!
Does anybody recognise her or know of anyone who has lost a duck like this?
Firstly, she is perfectly happy here. She has recently moved onto our local pond and has been here about 3 weeks now. She is very friendly and flies very well. She is also very fussy, only eats corn and eats from our hand so we have been making sure she is well fed.
She is a Muscovy duck, as pictured, brown in colour with white patches on her front.
I just wondered whether she is being missed?
While looking for missing Muscovies on the web, I believe I found her! There was a post made last December, 11 months ago saying about a Muscovy who had been hanging around their porch... only this was in SEATTLE? We are located in England, Great Britain (UK). Is it possible that in 11 months she could fly so far as I know muscovies are good at flying.... I shall attach a picture of the duck from Seattle also.
Just wanted to know if her owners were missing her, that she is currently happy and she is here did they want her back

Attachments

• 401A279B-FD00-4105-B32D-E76F70D6FC8A.png
    401A279B-FD00-4105-B32D-E76F70D6FC8A.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
:):)I know wild Muscovy fly from South America to Texas but can’t imagine one flying from Washington state to the UK . Since Muscovys do fly well she probably flew off from somewhere by you. That is how I started with this breed met them in our river. Now mine get their wing clipped so they stay home and safe. Maybe post an ad in your local paper or on Craigslist or something similar or just keep her as you have found out they are very friendly ducks and make great pets. And by the one pic looks like she has made a friend

:):)I know wild Muscovy fly from South America to Texas but can’t imagine one flying from Washington state to the UK . Since Muscovys do fly well she probably flew off from somewhere by you. That is how I started with this breed met them in our river. Now mine get their wing clipped so they stay home and safe. Maybe post an ad in your local paper or on Craigslist or something similar or just keep her as you have found out they are very friendly ducks and make great pets. And by the one pic looks like she has made a friend
Thankyou. I would make a post in the newspaper, but don’t want anyone taking her from the pond for reasons that won’t benefit her, in case they took her for meat.. I know that does sound awful.

And I would keep her but unfortunately we don’t have the space, with only 4 ducks and a few chickens in our back garden. She seems pretty happy at the pond, but is reliant on our corn daily ❤️

I know it really is probably best just to leave her where she is. Not ideal but at least she is not going to someone who will eat or not care for her properly. Very sweet of you to care for her. They are just the greatest ducks.

I know it really is probably best just to leave her where she is. Not ideal but at least she is not going to someone who will eat or not care for her properly. Very sweet of you to care for her. They are just the greatest ducks.
Thanks, yes shall leave her, maybe her owner will see this post and recognise her?

That would be cool if her owner saw her on BYC. Being she can fly she has a better chance than most for evading a predator. Having a safe home of course is always the best for a domestic duck but also having someone who cares enough to make sure she gets feed is a bonus too.

Back
Top Bottom