Found my rooster's comb bit/torn off. Help!

AwardMutea

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2016
Hello everyone, I posted this on another thread and was referred to this one so I hope you can help. I have 2 roosters which are always fighting so I keep them apart but yesterday one got out of its coop and I found its comb bitten off completely. I applied some jelly as advised in the thread Ive mentioned above and the rooster seems to be fine but I was wondering if thats enough. Ill post a picture in a few.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I would imagine that a through, though gentle, cleaning with iodine or saline solution, followed by some antiseptic ointment would be ok, so long as you keep an eye on things, to make sure that no infection appears.

Mambo @Ctken
Thanks, I just applied petroleum jelly though, will I have to wipe it off or...?

Mambo @Ctken
Thanks, I just applied petroleum jelly though, will I have to wipe it off or...?

Poa sana
big_smile.png
. Personally, I would - at least you can be relatively sure that you've cleaned it well to tried to prevent infection.

Poa sana :D . Personally, I would - at least you can be relatively sure that you've cleaned it well to tried to prevent infection. 

Asante sana, Ill do that and hope it will be fine. Its sad that it cant grow back though.

Back
Top Bottom