found some dropped off puppies. one is really bad...need urgent help!

the little popsicle puppy is inside. he is resting in a laundry basket with a big towel over and under him, plus a rug under him too. He is in front of the patio door where there has been plenty of sunlight to warm him up. I also have one of those heating pad things made with rice or something like it that you warm in the micro. I have warmed it up several times lightly, and wrapped it inside of another handtowel and laid it near him. He is now more alert. Looking closer at the puppies, I think the 2 outside are some sort maybe of min. pin. cross, and this other... he is little enough to be a possible chicuahua (sp) mix.

I'll be back again!

Well we found the rest of the litter. So we now have 6. My husband thought they were bigger this morning when they were running in the woods. 3 black ones, 2 red ones, and popsicle, is a light tan, with a darker muzzle. we put all of the others in a small coop/pen my DH put together short term. One side of the coop is solid plywood, which is on the northside, to help protect them from the wind. Plywood on the top, I wrapped a tarp on the outside of the run , on the exposed sides, to help keep out any additional cold. They don't have the calories in them to keep themselves warm otherwise. Such poor wretched little creatures...

Popsiscle is inside, in another dog kennel we have, sitting in the dining room. He is starting to whine occasionally. He does love to he held... but boy does he stink!

By chance do you have any hay bales or even an old heat lamp? Outside is hard on puppies already to cold! Hay is wondeful for keeping things warm. You all are really trying hard Two thumbs way way up !!
thumbsup.gif

no we don't have any hay bales. I have a thick pc of plywood under them in their kennel, plus we put in a large blanket. The pups were all inside the kennel all woven up in and around the blanket. I think they will be able to keep each other warm, plus, the 2 exposed sides I have placed a large paint tarp, to totally block any wind from them tonight. I am just glad we were able to find the other 3, so I know all will be warm tonight. They don't appear to be socialized in the least bit. Popsicle is also holding his own, still on the cold side, but I have him also wrapped up, so he will settle down hopefully, and not whine..... DH has been wonderful throughout all of this, but he is a VERY light sleeper..... don't think he will exactly enjoy hearing him during the night. He is weak enough, I don't think he has that much in him to get all wound up for long.

Thank you all again for your help earlier.

If Popsicle is still cold, maybe you could use a small electric heating pad? They're great if you want something that gets warm and will stay warm. I don't think they cost all that much either.

Thank you so much for taking care of these puppies! The nerve of some people. . .
somad.gif

Update on the puppies. They spent the night, all tucked in, and they looked like they stayed warm. All they did was lay in a pile on top of each other. They ate, drank and pooped, so everything going well there. Popsicle did well through the night. He woke up around 11, ate, went outside, I reheated his warmer, wrapped them all backup and he went back to sleep, until about 3:30. Repeat.
I started checking for rescuses, and it sure is pitiful in this area, but I called one, and she was no where near us, to see if she could suggest someone in this area I hadn't found yet. She offered to take the puppies, without me asking, and asked if we could meet. So we took the puppies and met, and they were on their way to the clinic from our meeting location, for badly needed medical attention. The name of the rescue was called Animal Angels, out of Jacksboro Tx. They are a no kill rescue sanctuary, and provides homes for those that can not be adopted. They are up between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls. I am about midway between Dallas and Houston.
I was oh so tempted to keep the little chihuahua one, but, he was in such bad shape, and needed immediate care. I did what I could for him, with further help, there will be, finally, that somebody who really needs him.

Thanks again for your help!

Kacey's Krazee's :

Update on the puppies. They spent the night, all tucked in, and they looked like they stayed warm. All they did was lay in a pile on top of each other. They ate, drank and pooped, so everything going well there. Popsicle did well through the night. He woke up around 11, ate, went outside, I reheated his warmer, wrapped them all backup and he went back to sleep, until about 3:30. Repeat.
I started checking for rescuses, and it sure is pitiful in this area, but I called one, and she was no where near us, to see if she could suggest someone in this area I hadn't found yet. She offered to take the puppies, without me asking, and asked if we could meet. So we took the puppies and met, and they were on their way to the clinic from our meeting location, for badly needed medical attention. The name of the rescue was called Animal Angels, out of Jacksboro Tx. They are a no kill rescue sanctuary, and provides homes for those that can not be adopted. They are up between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls. I am about midway between Dallas and Houston.
I was oh so tempted to keep the little chihuahua one, but, he was in such bad shape, and needed immediate care. I did what I could for him, with further help, there will be, finally, that somebody who really needs him.

Thanks again for your help!

YAY, I'm glad you found the little ones and gave them shelter and care, and good job finding a good rescue that will give them medical care. I'm sure they will all find amazing homes!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Those pups have a fighting chance now that you took the time, patience and LOVE to do the right thing. Heaven has a place for awesome people like you.

Let's hope there's a special circle in Hell for the ones that dumped the pups.

Gwen

Back
Top Bottom