Found something worse than waitiing for eggs to hatch....

Mrs. Feathers

Songster
13 Years
Apr 2, 2010
....waiting for puppies to be born
caf.gif

Just want to have some recognition for the fact that I am working really hard not to call our breeder all weekend to see if our newest addition has arrived.
barnie.gif

Whelping date mid January would be this weekend in my world.
At least with the incubator I can stare obsessively in the luxury of my home!

Whew....feels better to have a little vent.....

Even worse than that is being the breeder! Waiting, watching, taking temps. She's digging in the blanket - is she nesting? She whined - does that mean she is going t have them? Should I sleep in the room next to her or go to bed? Can I go to the grocery store? LOL

What kind of pup are you getting?

ah, waiting for the pups to be born is the easy part! You'll still have 8 more weeks of waiting after that! Possibly more if you have to have the puppy shipped. I was going crazy this time last year. Singe was born 12-12, came home 2-14

I was
barnie.gif
that last day, waiting for my breeder to drive down from IL!!

LOL, yeah watchdogps...and on top of all that is the annoying new puppy owner...although this one is working really, really hard at not calling our breeder for every question that pops into her head.
Great news is that they were born early this morning!
love.gif
I waiting excitedly to talk with our breeder although she'll have a vet visit and some much needed rest to catch up on today.
We are getting a Sheltie, our last dog passed over a year ago and now we are more than ready to welcome a dog into our home.
Fortunately our breeder is fairly close (only an hour drive) so we will be able to visit.
Dainerra, we have 9 long weeks to wait as we will be taking a holiday prior to puppy pick up to get our travel bug out of the way before bringing her/him home. Puppy will have an extra week with our breeder and his/her sheltie family. Timing has worked out just wonderfully as I have another week off when we return to devote to puppy settle in time.

You should have seen my boss' face last year when I took vacation time because the puppy was coming home
ep.gif
I already knew they thought I was weird, this just confirmed it.

Congrats on your new baby. :) My breeder is a lot farther than an hour, but we chat online all the time. He was pretty good about posting regular pictures so that helped a little. But ohhh that waiting is a killer!

Hee hee....yeah it helps to have the weirdness out in the open.
My family, friends and colleagues all know it about me already.
Fortunately I work in a school so my hatching eggs, adopting bunnies and obsessively talking about and bringing various animals to work to care for them when needed can all be seen in the name of education for kids...

What breed is Singe?

He's a german shepherd. I just posted some new pictures of him in this section. I think it's "Official German Shepherd Fan Club" or something like that.

I've never "preordered" a puppy before. Maybe the next one. I can see how the wait would make one anxious.

I started shopping for Singe almost 3 years before we got him! Then waiting for the right litter to come along, after we selected the breeder that we wanted. Then hoping that one of those pups would be a good match for us (not really an issue, but always a slim chance) Then the long wait from the time the puppies were born until coming home. The only good thing is that dogs aren't pregnant for 9 months!

Back
Top Bottom