Found this rooster living in the woods next to my house!!! Help I want to catch him!! Someone droppe

Well guys, I didnt catch him. He was very spooked, and I havent seen him in 3 or 4 days. I keep going back there hoping to see him but nothing yet. I am very upset. I really wanted him as he was beautiful.. But on the good note next week we are getting two roosters and some hens, so i am excited about that., we are getting a speckeled sussex and a buff.. Will post pics when i get them..

Heres to hoping he comes back but I dont think he will. :(

if he returns, put one of your hens in a wire dog kennel and put some treats in with her and beside the kennel. Than step back and wait making sure the treats are between you and the kennel, when he comes to her and the treats, swoop him in the fish net. good luck
fl.gif

Last edited:
fl.gif
! I hope he comes back too or finds a flock with no other roosters and a bunch of hens.

I know, if I do find him I am going to set him up with his own flock, if he doesnt then i will just get another one, but I was really hoping to catch him!! :( I can only keep hoping that he will.

trust me, that roo can outrun even the best human! Do not ever run after or chase chicken to catch them, as you will find it is impossible. They are a prey animal and if you act like a predator they will do anything they can to get away from you and they are good at it.

Best ways to catch them are to lure them with food and move slowly. Try using some old fencing and make a triangle that is open on the flat end and ends in a cage or kennel in the pointy end. Lure him into the funnel with food and walk slowly behind him until he goes into the kennel. If the kennel is large enough he will go in and especially if there is no other place to go.

trust me, that roo can outrun even the best human! Do not ever run after or chase chicken to catch them, as you will find it is impossible.
We as humans have been running down prey since the begining of time. Its only in the last couple hundred year that we have forgotten how to do this. Tribes in Africa still do this today.

"Nevertheless, it seems as though man is unique in its running ability; we are the only species of mammal that can take more than one breath for each step, and our ability to sweat allows us to essentially run down prey over time."
http://www.vagabondish.com/running-cultures/

"Biomechanical research reveals a surprising key to the survival of our species: Humans are built to outrun nearly every other animal on the planet over long distances."
http://discovermagazine.com/2006/may/tramps-like-us

Last edited:
trust me, that roo can outrun even the best human! Do not ever run after or chase chicken to catch them, as you will find it is impossible. They are a prey animal and if you act like a predator they will do anything they can to get away from you and they are good at it.

Best ways to catch them are to lure them with food and move slowly. Try using some old fencing and make a triangle that is open on the flat end and ends in a cage or kennel in the pointy end. Lure him into the funnel with food and walk slowly behind him until he goes into the kennel. If the kennel is large enough he will go in and especially if there is no other place to go.

Yes, I am thinking that is what happened, The neighbors dog found him one day and ran him for a bit. That is the reason that I think he hasnt came back yet, but i know he isnt getting the goodies anywhere else i.e millworms, fruit, bread.. so I am hoping that he comes back to some of that..

Back
Top Bottom